Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Shopping


A day out with a close friend is always a good day. She is a flight attendant, often she is not in Toronto; and when she is here, she needs one day to rest after flight, and one day to rest before flying again. It's been so hard for us to see each other, but we try :) Homegirl is in town this week for 3 days and we made time to see each other yesterday, and before her birthday.



We had to do some Christmas shopping for both of our families and friends yesterday so we headed to Yorkdale. Of course, at the end of the day, the Christmas shopping went perfectly as she is and will always be my bestest bestest best shopping buddy. We spent the entire 5 hours in the mall, I think we could've lasted longer if the free underground parking wasn't going to expire. Best part is, I snatched the best deal for myself! 

These never go on sale! I went to get HB's present yesterday at the Holts and found these on sale! I grabbed them right away, last pair in my size too. Last year when HB got this style for me regular $525 USD, I am pretty sure they are the same price. Apparently, I got them for $259 yesterday :) I'm a happy girl. I'm always lucky when I shop with this girl.

Balzac's Coffee at Distillery District

Holt Renfrew didn't have HB's jacket in size, so we had to go downtown to get it and we headed to Distillery District for its seasonal Christmas Market. Such a heart warming night yesterday strolling around with a close friend. I am completely myself when I am with her. No words can express how blessed I am to have V in my life. Story is, she went to Richmond Hill HS and I went to Bayview SS. We were close since grade 9, though we actually have met in kindergarten in Hong Kong. During the ride yesterday, we reminded ourselves of the past how we would talk on the phone 10 hours per day, even when we shower we refused to hang up but just put each other on hold. It was hilarious and so amazed how everything was ridiculously simple back then. V and I drifted for a few years after University; different jobs different places, we never get to see each other anymore. With all the circumstances, we try our hardest to see each other once every whle. She is probably the only girl that would constantly ask about my wedding, my dress, my hair, my shoesssssss :) May I present to you my wedding shoes - click here.  When they say "Best friends are people you know you don't need to talk to every single day. You don't even need to talk to each other for weeks, but when you do, it's like you never stopped talking." It's god damn true. I hope she reads this someday!

xoxo

..